This is a beginners video tutorial and I will show you how to replace the antlers of a deer with some tree branches. We will use basic masking, some tricks with blend modes and we’ll use the Puppet Warp Tool.
- Deer – https://depositphotos.com/7629722/stock-photo-portrait-of-majestic-red-deer.html
- Birds – https://unsplash.com/photos/sP2tq6u8eQc
- Dead trees from: https://depositphotos.com/
Create a surreal deer manipulation – Quick overview
Open the image of the deer and extend the top part of the canvas. Sample the color of the sky and paint with a soft brush to cover them with the sample color.
Open the dead tree images and use the Magic Wand Tool (W) and remove the white background. Refine the edge of your selection if necessary or use the Multiply blend mode technique to remove the background. Watch the video at the end of the article for more details.
Place the dead trees on your canvas and try to emulate the antlers of the deer.
Repeat the process and create the right antlers. Add other details if you want. I added a nest and a bird sitting on the branches and some flying birds on the background.
You can even create a heart shape or any other thing with the branches if you use the Puppet Warp Tool to bend the branches the way you want.
Create the final look of you manipulations using adjustment layers. I created a brown tone over the whole image using a Gradient Map and I changed the Luminosity of the channels using a Curves adjustment. Watch the video for more details.
Video tutorial – Abstract Deer Photoshop Manipulation Tutorial for beginners
Follow PSD Box
- Night Photography Star Trails Tutorial
- (3725 downloads) - View tutorial
- Making Your First Photoshop Manipulation
- (992 downloads) - View tutorial
- Post Apocalyptic Manipulation
- (655 downloads) - View tutorial
- Color Tones and Quick Effects Resources
- (654 downloads) - View tutorial
- Architectural Render for beginners Stock
- (614 downloads) - View tutorial