This is a quite simple manipulation that we’ll create today.We’ll use a few stock images,some texture,some brushes and we’ll change some tones to create a dramatic feeling.So let’s enter into the apocalyptic mood.
- Background: http://kikii-stock.deviantart.com/art/Manip-background-II-259608056
- Model: http://lugubrum-stock.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=gas+mask#/d10iawk
- City Skyline: http://z-stock.deviantart.com/art/city-stock-86195542
- Road Sign: http://luckystock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/dsjdpw
- Road: http://night-fate-stock.deviantart.com/gallery/28174585#/d2t2ivy
- Brushes: http://redheadstock.deviantart.com/art/Cracks-Photoshop-Brushes-64158970
- Texture: http://wojtar-stock.deviantart.com/art/metal-texture-13-117093813
In this step we take our two backgrounds,the desert image and the city skyline to create the apocalyptic background for our manipulation.Cut the city line (you can use the Quick Selection (W) to cut it ) and drag it over the desert image,and using a soft brush and the Eraser Tool(E) erase the lower part of the skyline to create a sandstorm effect where the two backgrounds meet.
Now take the road and drag it on the background.Again using the Eraser Tool(E) remove the edge of the road to make the destroyed look and also using the brushes create some crack effect on the road.
In this step we take the texture and drag it on our background and set the Layer to Overlay.Remember that adding textures wil add more contrast to your manipulation.You can add the texture on the finished manipulation but i wanted to add it only on the background.
Cut the model and the road sign creating new layer for both of them.For the model i first rotate the picture before cuting it from Image>Image Rotation>Flip Canavas Horizontal.
Let’s add some dramatic tones for our manipulation.Create a Color Balance layer and folow the settings from the image below.But you can also play with the tones to create the desired effect.
Using the Filter >Lens correction we’ll add some vignette to our manipulation.I used an Amount of 90%.But also you can used the amount that fits the best for your image.